Clonmel Racecourse plays a vital role in the sporting, social and economic life of South Tipperary. With a dozen meetings every year attracting an average attendance of 2000 people, the racecourse is attracting upwards of 25,000 people in the locality every year. It also provides considerable local employment as well as giving the area a positive national profile.
The supporters club was formed in 1987 at a time when provincial race tracks were in danger of closure. Concerned local people formed their support group and began their campaign of raising local awareness of the wonderful amenity that is Powerstown Park and that by the very existence of the supporters club, it demonstrated to the then governing bodies that there was a commitment to the future of Powerstown Park by the people of Clonmel and its hinterland. Presently, membership is over 300 people. The current objective of the Supporters Club is to promote racing at Clonmel by obtaining additional sponsorship, increasing prize money and improving amenities and further encourage local interest and involvement.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Free Admission and Race Card to all 12 Race Meetings at Clonmel in 2020.
- Participation in Tipster Competitions (Summer & Winter).
- Two Guest Badges to our May 14th Evening Meeting.
- Organised trips (eg: in 2019, we visited Gowran Park, Punchestown, Wexford, Kilbeggan & Newbury).
- Reciprocal race dates with other Irish and English tracks.
- Use of Clubroom with balcony / Complimentary tea, coffee & refreshments.
You can become a member of our Supporters Club by sending a cheque payable to Clonmel Racecourse Supporters Club for €90 (single membership) with your contact details to the following address:
Eileen Kiely, 62 Willow Park, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
Aileen Duggan, Moorstown, Clonmel, Co Tipperary
Alternatively you may purchase membership badge with your Credit Card in our online shop . Your cards will then be posted out to you in due course.